CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

May 27, 2010

Hail Storm

Yesterday on the news we heard that there was a HUGE hail storm/tornado warning.  Cole and I were a little bit concerned with it being so close to the house that we decided since the worse was over, we should go check out the damages.  Nearby, about 3 blocks north, windows were broken, signs were shredded, plants and tree leaves were everywhere.  Now I know nothing about houses, but visually... there were no damages that I could see to the house.  I think we lucked out!  We'll have to wait to hear any news from the contractor if it's more serious than it appears.

The hail that Cole is holding is from a small downpour that we got stuck in.  It literally lasted enough time for me to pull into the local gas station for cover; then it stopped.  It was coming down so hard I thought the windshield might break.  The hail was surely not as large for us.  I thought the hail was supposed to be done before we got there!!  Guess not, obviously.  We also took a picture of the hail build-up on the street.  Although it doesn't give it justice to the damages we saw.

0 comments: